Monday, November 12, 2007

I went to PS1 today with Bob Judge. Here are some favourite pieces.

This work reminds me of my childhood friend "Big Bird".
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Paola Pivi
Life Is Great
2007
Urethane foam, plastic, wood, steel, feathers
236 x 133 x 118 cm
Courtesy Galleria Massimo De Carlo, Milano
© photo: Johanna Tilche


I think that Kathe Burkart's series about Elizabeth Taylor was cool. I really like how each painting uses some untraditional material.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kathe Burkhart
Lick Bush: from the Liz Taylor Series (Butterfield 8)
2001
96 x 78”
Courtesy the artist and Alexander Gray Associates, New York, NY


I would have to say that my most favourite artist featured at PS1 today is Tony Fitzpatrick. I love his collage. I need to make some collage time. Here is a pic of one of the pieces I saw today that I found on his website.

TonyFitzpatrick


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Club Lucky Scorpion

mixed media, 2007
image 10" x 15"

No comments: