Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hey y'all! I'm taking it easy in AZ! My good friend Kate Niazi lives here. She is a bad ass on drums! I visited the Phoenix Art Museum. They had a special exhibit on some grafitti clothing. I wasn't too crazy about it.

Dress
Stephen Sprouse, 2000.
Cotton knit printed with Andy Warhol image of Jean Michel Basquiat.
Lent by Mr. Todd Allen Bundy.
I went to the Heard Museum which is only a few blocks away from the Phoenix Art Museum. I learn a lot about Native American culture there. They had a special exhibit that I really enjoyed called "Life in a Cold Place." Here is one of the many pieces of art i love from that show....

Autumnal Owl (1999)
Artist: Kenojuak Ashevak
Medium: Stonecut
Size: 61 x 77 cm
I also found out that my special "magic ring" that I always wear is a piece of work from the Zumi tribe. It was nice to find that out, since no one ever told me. I got it at a flea market in New Jersey.

No comments: